Posts for tag: dentures
Tooth loss affects 178 million Americans according to the American College of Prosthodontists, and 40 million are edentulous (no teeth). Tooth loss is a major reason why many patients decide to give up on their smiles. One way that your dentist at Bella Dentistry, LLC in Athens, GA, can help you is to create a custom fit denture device that you can wear throughout your day. Learn more about what is required to have a denture made and fit to your needs.
What Are Dentures?
A denture is a dental device that provides you with a tooth replacement option. The “teeth” are made of ceramic or porcelain material that resembles white tooth enamel, and the pink “gums” are made of a similar plastic material. They slide over your remaining gumline, suctioning in place. Some dentures are partial devices that use metal frameworks to attach to your other teeth.
How Dentures Can Help You
The quality and appearance of dentures have improved significantly over the years. These are a few ways that getting dentures at Bella Dentistry, LLC in Athens, GA, can help you:
- They cover your gumline, protecting it from food particles and bad bacteria.
- They are relatively easy to clean, and can be soaked to eliminate bacteria-filled film.
- Dentures can be adjusted as needed to ensure an enduring fit.
- With dentures, you can resume eating normal foods so that you can get the right nutrition in your diet.
- Modern denture devices are very life-like and attractive.
Dentures Supported by Implants
Some patients have concerns about their dentures slipping out at embarrassing moments, such as when you’re eating or chatting with friends. It can sometimes be difficult finding the perfect fit. With dental implants, the denture will be secured in place so that it doesn’t shift. Implant-supported dentures (also called implant overdentures) will provide you with more functionality and comfort.
A Beautiful Smile Once Again
After tooth loss, it may seem like having a beautiful smile again is hopeless. Dentures can help you restore your smile and make you feel more confident in public. Call (706) 546-7722 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Chanda Bennett at Bella Dentistry, LLC in Athens and Royston, GA.
Dentures definitely help most people who have experienced partial or complete tooth loss. These replacement teeth restore oral function and normalize speech, and they give back youthful facial contours. If you have smile gaps, or if extractions are imminent, know that Dr. Chanda Bennett at Bella Dentistry in Athens, GA, will fit you will the best dentures to serve your individual oral health needs, comfort, and style preferences.
What dentures accomplish
Both full and partial dentures replace teeth lost to accident, decay, cancer treatment, or abscess. Custom-made according to oral impressions and your dentist's detailed instructions, dentures are custom-made from tooth- and gum-colored acrylic. Partial dentures usually have a metal frame and clasps, too, which hold the artificial teeth to adjacent natural teeth.
Whether full or partial, dentures allow the patient to bite and chew relatively normally. They also restore facial appearance and give the individual confidence that they can speak and laugh in public without the embarrassment of big smile gaps.
Some full dentures are anchored directly to the jaw bone with multiple dental implants. With such prosthetics, a person will retain more of his natural jaw bone density. Without dental implants in place, bone and gums recede quickly after tooth loss, changing bite height and facial contours.
Types of dentures
Dr. Bennett offers several kinds of dentures at Bella Dentistry in Athens. Together, you and the dentist will go over the details of your oral examination and X-rays. You'll discuss lifestyle options and costs. Together, you'll select the kind of denture most helpful to your particular situation.
Types of dentures include:
- Partial dentures, made up of one or more artificial, or pontic teeth, affixed to a metal frame and held in place by clasps
- Full immediate dentures, placed right after tooth extraction
- Full conventional dentures, placed after sutured areas of the gums are fully healed
- Implant-supported dentures, secured by multiple dental implants surgically placed into the jaw (may be permanent or removable)
Whatever your need, Dr. Bennett can meet it so you can have a beautiful and fully functional smile.
Life with dentures
Realistically, you will have to adjust to your dentures. Biting and chewing is different than with natural teeth, and over time, as your bone and gums continue to shrink, your dentures will be remade or relined.
Also, the American College of Prosthodontists says that oral hygiene is simple but requires a special denture brush and toothpaste formulated just for dentures. An overnight denture cleanser removes stubborn food and tobacco stains and helps eliminate odors.
Find out more
Please contact Bella Dentistry in Athens, GA, to arrange your denture consultation with Dr. Bennett. You'll find her skill, knowledge and kind touch great assets in creating your new smile. Call today: (706) 546-7722.
What the right denture from Athens can do for you
Dentures have been around for a long time, but modern dentures have become state-of-the-art. Today’s dentures are natural-looking, with a fit and feel that will pleasantly surprise you. There are also many types of dentures to choose from. Dr. Chanda Bennett at Bella Dentistry in Athens, GA, wants to help you make this all-important decision.
The right denture can change your life. It can help you look younger by giving you back the full volume and contours in your face, and recreating your firm jawline. A denture will also restore your full chewing function, aiding your digestion and your overall health.
The newest, most innovative denture uses remaining tooth roots or dental implants for support. This denture is called an overdenture. It is held firmly in place by four to six roots or implants. Overdentures are very effective in helping to conserve the bone in your jaws.
Conventional full dentures are also available at Bella Dentistry. You can choose from:
- Immediate dentures, which are made before tooth extraction and are fitted immediately; these dentures are a temporary, inexpensive solution to tooth loss. A permanent denture is made after your tissue has healed.
- Permanent dentures, which are placed after the tissue has healed, usually after a few weeks; one advantage to these dentures is that you only have to get used to one set of dentures.
If you are missing just a few teeth but not an entire arch, you should consider:
- Transitional partial dentures to wear while you are waiting for dental implants
- Removable partial dentures if you aren’t going to have implants; these partial dentures are sturdy and comfortable.
To view amazing before-and-after photos of Bella Dentistry patients, please visit the Smile Gallery page on the website at http://www.belladentistry.com/gallery.html
You don’t need to live without your smile. The right denture can give you a beautiful, natural-looking smile and restore full chewing function. Give your smile and your self-confidence a boost by calling Dr. Bennett at Bella Dentistry in Athens, GA. Get started on your new smile by calling today!
All dentures aren't made the same. Learn more fro, your Athens dentist.
Have you lost most or all of your natural teeth? A denture is a removable appliance that can restore your smile. Bella Dentistry, LLCA in Athens, GA offers high-quality dentures that will save you time and money in the long run. Our dentist, Dr. Chanda Bennett, provides exceptional denture services. Read on to learn about the different types of dentures that are available today.
1. Full Dentures- Full dentures are used when all the teeth are missing. This denture is created and placed in your mouth after your remaining natural teeth have been removed and the tissues have healed.
2. Partial Dentures- A partial denture is used when some teeth remain in the upper or lower jaw. Partial dentures rest on a metal framework that attach to the teeth. Sometimes dental crowns are placed on some of the natural teeth and serve as anchors for the partial denture.
3. Overdentures- An overdenture is attached to either two dental implants or two mini-implants. The implants help to stabilize the overdenture in the mouth. An overdenture can be removed for cleaning purposes, and will require less investment than a fixed dental bridge.
4. Implant-Supported Dentures- Implant-supported dentures can be used if you do not have any natural teeth in your jaw, but have enough bone to support dental implants. An implant-supported denture is attached to dental implants. Regular dentures rest on the gums, and aren't supported by dental implants.
A denture is a good solution if you are missing multiple teeth because it fills the gaps in your smile and helps make eating and talking easier. Are you ready for a brand new smile? Call Bella Dentistry, LLC in Athens, GA at (706) 546-7722 right now to schedule your denture consultation. You can smile confidently again with the help of a natural-looking denture created just for you.