Posts for tag: Crowns and Bridges
How crowns and bridges from your dentist in Athens, Georgia, can rebuild your smile
Dental crowns and bridges are an important option to restore damaged or missing teeth. If you are living with a damaged smile, you may choose to stop smiling; but the world wants to see your smile. If you are living with an incomplete smile due to missing teeth, you may choose to stop chewing your food; but your body wants you to enjoy the foods you love. You don’t have to live with a damaged or incomplete smile. You can choose dental crowns and bridges to rebuild your smile.
Dr. Chanda Bennett at Bella Dentistry in Athens, GA, offers dental crowns and bridges to get you smiling again. Dental crowns and bridges can give you the chewing function to start enjoying the foods you love again.
Dental crowns are an important solution to repair dental problems like these:
- Loss of large amounts of tooth structure due to breakage or decay
- Weakened, brittle teeth from previous root canal treatment
- Badly worn teeth due to aging, grinding, or bad habits
Dental crowns are also an important solution to make your smile more beautiful if you have a smile filled with ugly, crumbling, old metal fillings. You can replace those unsightly metal fillings with a more natural-looking, more beautiful solution.
Your Athens, GA, dentist offers a selection of materials for your crown, including:
- Full porcelain, which is the most aesthetically beautiful crown material. It reflects light and looks just like natural tooth enamel. These crowns are an excellent choice for front teeth.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal, which gives you the beauty of porcelain, plus the added strength of a metal underlay. These crowns still look natural, but lose their light-reflective quality because of the metal. These crowns are a great choice for back teeth, where you need added strength for chewing.
- Dental bridges are also an important solution to replace missing teeth, rebuilding your complete, beautiful smile. They are made of natural-looking materials, restoring the aesthetic beauty of your smile. They also restore your full chewing ability so you can enjoy the foods you love. Unlike dental appliances, which you remove, dental bridges are permanently cemented onto the adjacent teeth. They provide a more convenient, more beautiful alternative to dental appliances.
To find out more about the importance of dental crowns and bridges, call (706) 546-7722 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Chanda Bennett at Bella Dentistry in Athens, GA, today!