A great smile consists of a few things, including good tooth color, shape, and alignment. Porcelain veneers help improve your smile by adjusting all these important points. Read below to learn more about veneers, and contact Dr. Chanda Bennett, your dentist in Athens, GA, if you are interested in undergoing treatment!
More about Veneers
Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin coverings that are bonded to the natural tooth surface. Despite their thickness, porcelain veneers are extremely strong and produce natural-looking smiles that don't stain like natural teeth. Veneers also improve:
Color: Teeth stain by the foods and drinks, smoking, and aging. Veneers come in a variety of shades, from the most natural to the brightest white, to cover up these offputting stains
- Alignment & Spacing: Veneers close small gaps between teeth and correct alignments.
- Size & Shape: Teeth wear down from poor habits, like grinding, which may alter their natural shape or size. Veneers are designed into the most flattering shape for your smile.
Undergoing veneer treatment involves the following steps:
- You will have a consultation with your Athens dentist to discuss exactly what you want to be accomplished through veneer treatment
- Your dentist creates a model of your teeth
- Your teeth are prepared by removing some enamel off of the natural tooth surface
- Your dentist takes molds of your teeth and sends them a dental laboratory where our veneers will be crafted
- Veneers are cemented onto your teeth after coming from the laboratory
To properly care for your teeth, you must,
- Gently brush and floss every day to remove dental plaque
- Get regular checkups and dental cleanings at the dental office
- Don't use your teeth to open packages or bite into overly hard food
- Invest in nightguards to protect your new veneers if you tend to grind your teeth while sleeping
If you have any questions or concerns about veneers, contact your Athens, GA, dentist, by calling (706) 546-7722 today!