Want a more rejuvenated smile?
Dental veneers are a great way to conceal dental issues, just ask your dentist serving Athens, GA. It's important to have all the information you need before visiting your doctor.
Here are a few questions you may ask your doctor.
What do veneers conceal?
Dental veneers can cover:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked, worn, or chipped teeth
- Irregularly-shaped teeth
- Uneven dental surfaces and spacing
What does the procedure entail?
- Your Athens dentist will examine your teeth and assess whether veneers are right for you.
- If your teeth have underlying issues, like cavities, they'll need to be dealt with first.
- Your doctor will take impressions of your teeth and the model sent to a lab where a custom set of veneers matching the color of your teeth are made.
- You'll come back to the dentist's office when your veneers arrive, so that your dentist removes some enamel off the surface of your teeth then cement the veneers.
Veneers are made out of thin porcelain or plastic and because enamel is removed, you won't feel like your teeth are protruding. On the contrary, they will feel smooth and aligned with the rest of your teeth. Removing enamel from the surface of teeth is an irreversible process, so you need to make sure this is what you want with your doctor.
What are the advantages of veneers?
- The procedure doesn't need very much anesthesia.
- They have color stability so they are resistant to staining.
- Veneers last a long time.
How do you take proper care of your veneers?
Other than maintaining a healthy diet, you will need to brush twice a day and floss at least once before bed. It's important to prevent the buildup of plaque, which may result in cavities and other serious issues.
Also, make sure you use fluoride-containing toothpaste and mouthwash.
For more information on veneers, contact your dentist in Athens, GA, by calling (706) 546-7722.