Stained teeth aren't exactly the look you want during an interview or in a family portrait. Heck, you don't want a shabby smile in any selfie either. They're not a great look, which is why Dr. Chanda Bennett of Bella Dentistry offers her patients several cosmetic treatments, like porcelain veneers, at her office location: Athens, GA.
More About Veneers
Veneers are wafer-thin porcelain appliances that adhere to the surface of teeth. They're custom-made to perfectly align with the rest of your teeth and conceal issues, like cracks, fractures, minor gaps and discoloration. The procedure is actually quite simple.
- First, your dentist will ask you about your medical history and about any allergies to medication.
- Next, she'll examine your teeth using x-rays to ensure there aren't any issues, like cavities, that need resolving first.
- Then your dentist removes some enamel off the surface of teeth, which prevents veneers from protruding.
- Finally, she adheres the veneers to the surfaces.
Veneers are a simple procedure Dr. Bennett performs in her office, Athens, so schedule an appointment wherever is more suitable for you.
How to Care for Veneers
Veneers are delicate but must be taken care of to prevent cavities ruining veneers and natural teeth. But how do you care for veneers?
- Brush, floss, and use mouthwash everyday, but don't apply too much pressure to veneers.
- Avoid eating hard foods to avoid chipping veneers.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for regular check-ups and professional dental cleanings.
- Opt for healthier dietary choices and avoid sugary foods and beverages.
Do you need a consultation?
If you're interested in veneers and have more questions, then schedule an appointment with Dr. Chanda Bennett of Bella Dentistry in Athens, GA, at (706) 546-7722 or (706) 245-6132 today.