Would you like to restore your smile and the shape of your face? Dentures are a great solution to accomplish this task, as they support the muscles in the cheeks and provide a more symmetrical facial appearance. Dr. Chanda Bennett of Bella Dentistry in Athens, GA, can help you explore your options to find the dentures that are best fit for you.
Once you get your new dentures, caring for them is easy. Here are a few tips from the American Dental Association to help you maintain great denture care:
- Rinse the dentures before putting them in your mouth.
- Avoid eating hard or sticky foods.
- Store your dentures in water to prevent them from warping.
- Brush your teeth with a denture cleaner or mild soap. This removes food and other debris that may stick to your dentures. Use a brush specially made for dentures when cleaning.
- Be sure to clean any mold that may grow on your dentures, as this can lead to stomatitis and irritation of the gums.
- Handle your dentures on a soft surface in case you drop them. Contact your dentist as soon as possible to get them replaced if broken.
Replacing Your Dentures
- Replace them if you've had them longer than five years.
- If your dentures crack, are unable to fit in your mouth, or do not match, see your dentist.
- Check your dentures for proper fit. There should be no structural damage to the denture.
- If you experience pain with your full or partial dentures, be sure to tell your dentist.
- Make sure to take your dentures out at night to allow the gums to rest.
With patience and practice, home denture care is simple. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Chanda Bennett’s dental office at 706-546-7722 to see if dentures are right for you.